Product Manager, BMJ Evidence Centre
£competitive + benefits
A vacancy has arisen for a Product Manager who will be required to take responsibility for the development and implementation of the marketing strategy for the BMJ Evidence Centre’s portfolio of products, specifically focussing on Best Practice, Clinical Evidence, and Action Sets.
The Product Manager will manage all promotional activity across the Evidence Centre’s products and services to identified market segments to drive online usage, and work with the sales team to support renewals and specific product trials and campaigns.
The role reports to the Business and Marketing Manager for Best Practice.
The role is busy and varied and the main responsibilities of the post holder will be:
• Work with the Business and Marketing Managers within the Department to represent the customer and inform the marketing strategy for the BMJ Evidence Centre’s suite of products and services.
• Develop and implement the overall marketing strategy and marketing plans for the Evidence Centre’s products in order to grow subscriptions and increase usage
• To manage and set marketing budgets for all Evidence Centre products and services
• Monitor competitor activity and positioning to identify opportunities for creating competitive advantage.
• Liaise with international customers to identify ways to market to their users.
• Inform website development and identify opportunities for digital marketing.
• Conduct regular targeted email campaigns to specific customer segments to increase usage of Evidence Centre products.
• Work with colleagues across the BMJ Group to capitalise on marketing opportunities.
• Work with colleagues in the sales team to create marketing material that assists in lead generation.
• Manage regular data analysis and reporting to external and internal clients.
• Coordinate all offline marketing activity including design, print, advertising and conference attendance.
The ideal candidate will have a degree, preferably in marketing and would have already achieved the IDM Diploma or equivalent. The candidate should have recent commercial experience of digital marketing.
The candidate should be competent MS Office skills, be customer focused with both external and internal customers, have the ability to prioritise a varied workload; have a keen eye for detail; and an understanding of the UK healthcare market is highly desirable.
Excellent time management skills and the ability to communicate at all levels are essential;
5 years experience in a similar role is preferred.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, covering letter and salary details to:
23 July 2012