Product Manager- Open Access
£competitive + benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Product Manager to be responsible for the Journals Open Access initiatives including BMJ Open.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing the marketing plan and management of the promotional budget for these initiatives.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing for the Journals Division you will:
• Develop and implement the overall marketing strategy and marketing plan for BMJ Open and other open access initiatives
• To agree and implement branding for all open access initiatives
• Marketing to researchers to encourage submissions
• Market the journals to researcher funders to promote BMJ Group's OA credentials and to encourage submissions to BMJ Open
• Market the journals to institutions to encourage submissions to the BMJ Open
• Keep up to date with competitor activity, and ensure positioning and USPs are understood and accurately communicated
• Utilise in house and external lists to send out effective email campaigns and analyse ROI of the campaigns. Grow author database.
• Select appropriate suppliers to purchase, design and print marketing promotional materials, whilst negotiating costs.
• Maintain and update online marketing pages ensuring they are always kept current
• Identify opportunities for press coverage.
• Compile monthly marketing reports of activities and results
• To cross promote across all appropriate Group products
You will have a significant experience in marketing within the publishing industry or a related product and a strong knowledge of the Open Access market. You will need an excellent track record of author marketing. You will preferably be a holder of or working towards the CIM Diploma or equivalent. You will have proven skills on a number of successful and imaginative offline and online campaigns. You will have outstanding communication and copywriting skills and have the ability to prioritise a busy workload.
How to apply
To apply please email your CV, covering letter, and salary details to:
30 July 2012