Sales Executive- Brazil
£competitive + benefits
This new role is critical for the group in this territory, with a key focus on the commercial relationship with CAPES. Alongside the primary focus on the commercial relationship with CAPES, the post holder will ensure a creative, strategic and, consultative sales approach in the Brazillian markets. Identifying, developing and driving productivity and efficiency across the sales and distribution channels.
Although reporting to the Sales Director aligned to the CID division, and with a key focus on CID products, this role also covers the sales effort for both divisions across the Brazilian market.
The job holder will be ultimately responsible for creating and driving sales revenues across Brazil. This will include developing, implementing and managing market sales plans to fit into an ambitious and challenging strategic plan, maximising sales of the Group’s CID products and journal collection and to all of Brazil across all customer types. The job holder will also need to research and understand the other vertical markets open to the BMJ Group within the region and drive growth expectations across the business.
The job holder will be responsible for maintaining existing customer and agent relationships but also growing these to identify new sales opportunities for all products through all channels and potential new vertical markets. Whilst maximising revenue is key, the job holder will need to champion the needs of customers and users, and to identify market opportunities to the product management team within the business and the central commercial team. The job holder will also be responsible for understanding emerging trends and threats to our business and ensuring such intelligence is capitalised upon in terms of product enhancement and NPD.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Portuguese and English are essential
- Degree level Education or equivalent relevant experience
- Proven STM publishing sales experience with the majority of this in the Brazilian market
- Proven track record of devising country / regional sales plans which have led to substantial business growth.
- Clear understanding of the local and business culture in Brazil and the methods needed to succeed in sales in that region.
- Consistency in exceeding sales targets in terms of increased revenue.
- Highly developed strategic, communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of devising sales strategies which have led to substantial business growth with experience of setting up and managing agent relationships.
- Experience of selling subscription/licensing of content to medical libraries and consortia or selling healthcare tools into international markets reaching a large user base.
- An excellent network of relevant contacts within the proposed customer base in Brazil, and ability to work effectively and be credible with senior clinical experts
- Experience and knowledge of funding organisations in Brazil: Ministries, Governments and Consortia, Hospital Market, Healthcare environment and systems.
How to apply
To apply, please email your CV, covering letter and salary details to: